STEM Graduate Assistant (On-Campus, 2021-2022)
The Tutoring & Learning Center (TLC) coordinates the student support services areas of study skills development, tutorial services, study groups, and placement testing. Our goal is to assist students with becoming independent learners. We offer diagnostic and prescriptive assistance designed to help students achieve academic success. Our desire is that students reach their academic goals, promoting achievement and integrity in the educational environment.
Student Learning/Educational Activities performed by the Graduate Assistant
- Coaching Students
- Planning programs
- Marketing of programs
- Data collection & assessment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in supervising all STEM tutoring.
- Assist with the management of the tracking system for course specific support and academic skills support.
- Construct and conduct workshops for students on science and mathematics study skills.
- Liaison with science and mathematics faculty.
- Conduct STEM related class visits and presents to faculty and students.
- Conduct and assist with one on one and group Academic Coaching sessions.
- Assist with fall and spring tutor training.
- Conduct peer tutor observations.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and assessment of the Tutoring & Learning Center events and programs.
- Maintain, analyze and update assessment records for reporting purposes.
- Participate, in tabling and outreach events.
- Manage STEM related weekly marketing communications.
- Assist with updating the center`s website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Towson graduate student
- Content knowledge in science and mathematics
- Ability to take initiative and think critically
- Ability to work well with both professionals and students
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be flexible
- Possess strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong written, verbal, communication and organizational skills
- Conscientiousness, dedicated, creativity, and leadership
- Comfortable presenting to large groups of students
- Have reliable internet access
- Own a computer or laptop/tablet device
- Have strong computer skills
- The graduate assistantship is a 20-hour per week position. This position will receive a stipend and tuition credit remission (12 credit waiver per semester). Please visit Graduate assistantship website for more information.
- The graduate assistantship is a one-year position (Fall and Spring). Graduate assistants are eligible to reapply to this position.
- Anticipated duration: August 2021 -- May 2022
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, COVID-19 vaccination status and the contact information for two recommendations to email@example.com .
Applications will be reviewed until the closing date of August 1st