Graduate Assistant (Dept. of Family Studies)
The Department of Family Studies & Human Services is hiring a friendly and responsible administrative Graduate Assistant for the upcoming academic year August 2021-May-2022.
This position provides research and administrative support to the Family Studies (FMST) academic department and its Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Chair of FMST, tasks include program assessment, assisting with faculty research, recordkeeping and event planning.
- Assist with program assessment, accreditation and learning activities
- Data entry, filing/sorting, copying/scanning
- Help plan special departmental events
- Assist with public relations and marketing initiatives
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and data
- Provide support associated with instruction, but not being in charge of a regular class (i.e. instructor of record)
- Exhibit a positive, supportive attitude toward faculty and students in a diverse and inclusive academic college.
Qualification: Must be currently enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program at Towson University. Previous experience with academic research, office equipment and knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Work Hours: 10-20 hours per week
This GA Position for Dept. of Family Studies & Human Services has a 10hr-$4000 stipend and a 6-credit waiver per semester